If you are including children on your wedding day here are some ideas on how to keep your little guests entertained. These ideas will please most little ones between 3 and 8 years old depending on children personality & interests.
- A kid table with Coloring tools is always a good idea so they can sit next to their siblings, relatives or new friends and it will keep them occupy while they wait for their meal, are eating or once done with it.
- Have a Kid-friendly menu, with juices, and a little dessert station with cupcakes, s’mores, milk & cookies, ice cream, treats etc,.
- Give each child a little Gift bag according to their age.
- If the wedding is outdoors plan activities & games such as giant Jenga, Connect 4 or a ring toss game. You can have a kid play area with a little tent, blankets & pillows, some books to read, costumes to play dress up, dolls, bubbles toys, disposable cameras etc,. If budget and space allow a bouncy castle is also a fun idea.
- If the weather is not clement or if the wedding is indoor, plan indoor games such as Guess who or Monopoly which are great for older kids too.
- Hire an entertainer such as a magician, a face painter, a puppet artist or an illustrator & caricature artist which will please grown ups too.
- Depending on how many children are attending hire one or two of the parents’ trusted nannies for the event to keep an eye on the little ones and give all the parents a bit of a break.
- On the dance floor you can include couple kids songs for a little dance party.
- Prepare a space/ room for nap time or quiet time.
- And a perfect way to calm everyone down at the end of the day is a movie room with pop corn for a Disney movie which will appeal the younger guests and certainly some older ones too.
An other tip is to inform the parents prior so the children are aware of all the fun activities planned for them, they will look forward to it and they will be in a very good mood during your wedding ceremony.